Monday, May 7, 2012

Staffing The On Going Problem

It amazes me how badly people want a job yet once they have it do not seem to want to work. I use a standard interview form when I interview people. I always tell them the same things and ask the same questions. The 1 thing I make sure I tell them is that I expect them to give their employer notice if currently working and to give me 2 weeks notice when leaving. Of course every single one says that they will. I have had 41 people in just over 3 years quit without notice. These are not just nursing assistants but nurses as well.I have tried to call most of them to ask why and they will not even return phone calls. This really makes a huge impact on a facility. 1. confuses the residents, usually they have just got to know them when they are no longer there 2. leaves there co workers to pick up the hours they left opened There are many reasons people leave a job and I will be the first to congradulate them if they are bettering themselves but even then they should show enough professionalism to give a notice. I personally feel that licensed and certified nursing staff that fail to give notice should be reported to the board of nursing and nurse aide regisrty.

No comments:

Post a Comment