Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Leardership Quotations by Harry Selfridge


Over the last 2 years I have enjoyed watching the PBS series "Selfridges". I watched how the series showed him as a kind motivational leader. Even though he had a lot of vices he was loved by his staff. I found the following quotes that are attributed to him. I feel that these are still very modern ideas about being a manager that we can all use as we manager our facilities and staff.



  • "The boss drives his men; the leader coaches them."
  • "The boss depends upon authority, the leader on goodwill."
  • "The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm."
  • "The boss says 'I'; the leader, 'we'."
  • "The boss fixes the blame for the breakdown; the leader fixes the breakdown."
  • "The boss knows how it is done; the leader shows how."
  • "The boss says 'Go'; the leader says 'Let's go!'"
  • "The customer is always right."
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment