Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Traveling

I know many of you will be able to understand that these type of problems are funny. Because if we didn't laugh we would cry. Well here are a few of my escapades. I have been working over 100 miles from home for a few months so there have been a couple.

I got a new travel bag and was very excited about it. I guess my life is pretty boring when I get excited over a travel bag. Well I had packed most of my stuff the night before and put some in my car. The next morning I got up and finished packing and put my bags in the car and headed to work. After I got off I went to the hotel and got my bags out of the car. I started looking for my new bag I loved so much and even rechecked the back seat and trunk. My car is a little Toyota so it was obviously not there. I had forgot my lovely new bag with all of my toiletries, underwear and shoes. At least I had cloths because they were on hangers. Thank goodness for Walmart.

I have sleep apnea and my husband gets mad at me because I won't use my CPAP machine. This is not a plea for sympathy I just think it's funny. Well after giving me a lecture he talked me into using it. I packed it the first week and he called me each night to make sure I was using it. The next week after I got to work I received a call from him and another lecture for forgetting the CPAP machine. Guess who drove it up to me that evening. I also got another lecture.

I had been staying in the same hotel for almost the entire time while working in a particular area. I usually asked my corporate contact to reserve my room for me but I forgot to do it 1 week. On Monday I called the hotel to make sure they had a room for the week and guess what? They did not have a room for the week. I contacted my corporate contact and told them they did not have a room for the week. I then received an email that I had a room in Columbus. I called another hotel which was about 25 minutes away but no traffic to deal with. They had a room. I emailed the office and asked them to change my reservation. They told me it had a 24 hour cancellation policy and could not be cancelled ( even though it had only been 15-20 minutes since the reservation was made). I bit the bullet and headed out with my GPS. The hotel was in the far north side of Columbus in Delaware right smack dab in the middle of a giant road construction site on the highway. I go in to check in and the receptionist tells me that the card the office used failed. I give him my card to use and then ask if I could cancel if I got a room somewhere else and he told me sure. I call the hotel I wanted to go to in the first place and make a reservation and after a total of 60 miles travel I reach my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment