Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hiring

Well this week has been interesting. I need 1 FT nursing assistant and 1 PT licensed practical nurse. I have interviewed 3 people this week. 1 positive thing is that they showed up for the interview on time and dressed appropriately.Once again trying to get references has been like pulling teeth. 2 said they didn't keep their records on site, 1 said they worked there but that was all. After this I hired 1 person that could not pass the physical and was sent to their own physician who still did not pass them. I did manage to get 1 hired with promise, but once again no information except they did work there. I have my fingers crossed that this will work out. Another one's license is not on the board of nursing web site and she told us she knew this and just to call the board????? Ok maybe next week will be better. My staff is tired of working overtime. I'm tired of interviewing and the residents desirve better. It is time that health care managers start being truthful with each other and stop these people from getting jobs they won't keep and or can't do.

No comments:

Post a Comment