Thursday, May 20, 2010

The staffing saga continues

OK, I met with another hiring stumbling block today. I was unable to verify a nurses license on line. The medical records person called the board for me and they told her that the nurse did have a valid license and it was not on the web site. Fortunately I am inquisitive so I called the board back. I told them that I needed something from them to show that she was indeed not on the web site but had a valid license. I was asked where this person had told me she worked last and why. I told them and they told me that she had had an additional job since then and I might want to ask why the license was not on the web site. They were unable to give me any additional information and asked me to fax a copy of the application that was filled out. I called the other facility and fortunately was told that this person was let go do to an investigation into missing medications. Of cource I am not hiring that person but if I had not been dilligent I could have hired this person and been put in a bad situation. I don't know the answer but health care facilities need to be honest with each other and not pass around unacceptable health care providers.

No comments:

Post a Comment