Thursday, August 8, 2013

If You Couldn't Laugh You Would Cry

A long term care director of nursing job is 24 hours a day. I get calls at all hours in able to help direct my employees to make appropriate decisions and be aware of what is going on. Well my morning today was just one of those days that become a lasting memory. First of all I went in late because I had worked the last 2 evenings as the nurse because one of the nurses that had already had vacation was off again for a trip. I left home at 10 AM and on my way I get a text that a resident had fallen (no injuries fortunately)as I am driving I notice a policeman but thinking the speed limit was 45 and I'm doing 40 I'm OK. Well wrong the speed limit was 25 starting about 1/4 mile back. He follows me and pulls me over. Fortunately I only get a warning. When I get to work I am told that an employee that started Monday and called off the day before quit. I did not schedule an extra RN and the doctor is there. Great doctor but writes lots of orders. I get to stay until 6:30 to put them on the computer. Another nurse comes and tells me she is pregnant. The night before a resident threw a cup at me because I watched him take his medication and he didn't want me to. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week goes. Never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment